Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from a Pillsbury "Brunches" cookbook. It is really delicious. I love the asparagus and leeks in this, it truely does taste like spring! This make a fantastic Easter breakfast or brunch. Don't forget to allow to set in refrigerate overnight.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leeks, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 5 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, strips from jar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and asparagus pieces; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp.
- Add potatoes, roasted red peppers, salt and dill; mix lightly.
- Spoon evenly into sprayed dish.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Add half and half; beat well.
- Add half of the cheese; mix well.
- Pour over vegetable mixture in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining half of cheese.
- Cover with foil, refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes.
- Uncover, bake and additional 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.