Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so yummy! The addition of spinach makes it extra good!! Also, its a "make-ahead meal" and that is always handy!
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pasta sauce with meat
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozaarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Great, versatile recipe. I use this for my stock of freezer meals. Instead of using manicotti shells, we use lasagna and roll the filling up inside. Kids love helping out with making the lasagna rolls! Can easily add other ingredients to compliment your personal taste. Thanks so much for posting this!
Great flavor! I did not use meat in order to make it a veggie dish. I found that the pasta was a little bit chewy, so next time I think I will cook the manicotti first and/or add more marinara sauce. Otherwise, it was sooo delicious!
A good recipe. The pasta got a little gummy in my case, but it was good none the less.