Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for pot-lucks.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream with chives and onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions
- Spray 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a 4 quart Dutch oven, placepotatoes; add enough water to just cover potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Shake potatoes in Dutch oven over low heat to dry.
- Mash potatoes until no lumps remain. Add cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; mix until well blended. Spoon into pan. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350*. Drizzle butter over potatoes. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle onions over potatoes. Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes ar hot.
- (To bake immediately: drizzle with butter and bake 30 minutes, adding onions for last 15 minutes of baking.).