Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is so cute when decorated and can be made up to a month ahead of an event and stored in the freezer to decorate the day of!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) container whipped cream cheese, softened
- rosemary (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- olives, diced or raisins (optional)
- pimiento or red bell pepper (optional)
- radicchio or carrot (optional)
- asparagus or celery rib (optional)
- assorted cracker, if desired
- Mix 3 pkg cream cheese and the Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal parts.
- Combine 2 parts to equal 2/3 of mixture.
- Mix in pesto.
- Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining 1/3 mixture.
- Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- Shape each cheese mixture into ball.
- Wrap each ball, label and freeze.
- May be frozen up to 1 month ahead.
- About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer.
- Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.
- Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman.
- Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving.
- Decorate as desired.
- Serve with crackers.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- To decorate, if desired, use your imagination to decorate this whimsical snowman!
- You can use fresh rosemary and dried cranberries (crown), chopped olive pieces or raisins (eyes and buttons), pimiento or red bell pepper (mouth), radicchio or carrot ribbon (scarf), and asparagus spears or celery sticks (arms).
was a hit at the party - however, I did cut the recipe in half. There is a cut pic at: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/make-ahead-snowman-cheese-ball/f29c01e3-0729-4c22-ac99-7646b49f8453