This is so cute when decorated and can be made up to a month ahead of an event and stored in the freezer to decorate the day of!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) container whipped cream cheese, softened
- rosemary (optional)
- dried cranberries (optional)
- olives, diced or raisins (optional)
- pimiento or red bell pepper (optional)
- radicchio or carrot (optional)
- asparagus or celery rib (optional)
- assorted cracker, if desired
- 1Mix 3 pkg cream cheese and the Cheddar cheese; divide into 3 equal parts.
- 2Combine 2 parts to equal 2/3 of mixture.
- 3Mix in pesto.
- 4Mix onion, mustard and pepper sauce into remaining 1/3 mixture.
- 5Cover each cheese mixture and refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm enough to shape.
- 6Shape each cheese mixture into ball.
- 7Wrap each ball, label and freeze.
- 8May be frozen up to 1 month ahead.
- 9About 12 hours before serving, remove balls from freezer.
- 10Thaw in wrappers in refrigerator.
- 11Arrange balls on serving plate with smaller ball on top for head of snowman.
- 12Frost snowman with whipped cream cheese before serving.
- 13Decorate as desired.
- 14Serve with crackers.
- 15Store covered in refrigerator.
- 16To decorate, if desired, use your imagination to decorate this whimsical snowman!
- 17You can use fresh rosemary and dried cranberries (crown), chopped olive pieces or raisins (eyes and buttons), pimiento or red bell pepper (mouth), radicchio or carrot ribbon (scarf), and asparagus spears or celery sticks (arms).
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Snowman Cheese Ball
Serving Size: 1 (1293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.3
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Sodium 769.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g