Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
So good & easy could be made the night before, then cooked up for brunch. This came from my mom
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, quartered,sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Crumble then set aside,reserve 1 T drippings.
- Add mushrooms to drippings, cook 4 min stirring often.
- Remove from skillet.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Melt marge in skillet over medium heat.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, add half& half, salt& pepper then pour into skillet, stir occasionally.
- Stir in soup & chives.
- Place half the egg mixture in 3 1/2or 4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with half each of the cooked mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese & crumbled bacon. Repeat layers.
- Cover, cook on low for up to 4 hours.
These turned out pretty good, I must say. Don't overstir, or they won't be fluffy, rather grainy. I think they need some more spice - garlic and maybe a bit of basil.