Great for weekends when you have guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2Add flour; cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
- 3Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil.
- 4Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6Stir in cheese until melted; set aside.
- 7In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- 8Add eggs and salt; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set.
- 9Add the cheese sauce and broccoli; mix well.
- 10Pour into a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- 11Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- 12Sprinkle over egg mixture.
- 13Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 14Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 15Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Scrambled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.3
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 489.2 mg
- Sodium 905.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.5 g