10 hrs 45 mins
10 hrs 15 mins
Prepare the night before and just pop in the oven in the morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked spicy sausage, cut into 3/8-inch slices (andouille, chorizo or kielbasa)
- 1 large onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) bag frozen potato slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage begins to brown; drain if necessary. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add both bell peppers;.
- 2cook and stir 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds or until softened.
- 3Spread half of potatoes in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with i/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Layer with half of sausage mixture and half of cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4In large bowl, beat eggs and milk with wire whisk. Pour over layers in baking dish. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight but no longer than 24 hours.
- 5Heat oven to 350°F Loosely cover baking dish with sheet of nonstick foil or regular foil sprayed with cooking spray (nonstick or sprayed side down). Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until set and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Sausage-Potato Egg Bake
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 272.0 mg
- Sodium 650.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g