Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great for any meal!
- 20 ounces sliced potatoes, packaged and refrigerated
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Grease a 13x9" pan,.
- In a skillet, cook sliced sausage until it starts to brown- about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain sausage if necessary.
- Add chopped onion, cook 2 minutes.
- Add chopped green and red peppers, cook 1 minute.
- Add three cloves finely chopped garlic and cook for about 30 more seconds.
- Spread half of the potatoes onto the bottom of your cake pan, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on half of your sausage mixture.
- Spread on 1 cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- In another bowl, mix together to eggs and milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs onto the layers and let sit in the refridgerator for 8 hours.
- Cook in the oven on 350 for 1 hour and 30-40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This was a really yummy, easy weekend meal. The kids really loved it! We used smoky chorizo as the sausage, but next time will use regular chorizo. I don't know if the packaged potatoes make a difference, but we used regular potatoes, slice dthem, and microwaed them for 5 minutes before using them, but they were still a little undercooked. I couldn't leave it in for the whole cooking time as it was starting to burn on top (I reduced the temp for about 20 minutes, then had to take it out.) But, as I said, a huge hit with the kids, so I will definately be making it again! Thanks for sharing, Linzi! :)