Prep 9 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This salad looks odd but what good flavor it has. Real easy too! I had it for the first time last summer at a picnic and had to ask for the recipe. I am not sure of the serving amounts. (Prep time includes fridge time.)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lb bacon, fried &,crumbled
- Layer the first six ingredients in a large bowl in the order listed above.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Add bacon immediately before serving and toss.
The taste was good, but boy was it soggy and the bottom of the bowl was really liquidy. I would definitely not make it a day ahead next time.
My aunt has been making this recipe for nearly 20 years. We weren't crazy for it the first time we tried it, but it soon became one of the best loved family recipies! It is at every function where food is involved, every holiday, every season. Please try this, you won't be dissappointed. The only difference between this one & ours is we add raw broccoli too! yummmm.....now I'm going to be craving it!
This salad rocks! I fell in love with it after a friend brought it to a potluck dinner. This is the exact same recipe and people go crazy for it every time I make it. Definitely a winner!