Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a GREAT make ahead gravy, even a day ahead! There is an error in the directions tho. I watched the show and after he was done roasting the wing and vegetables, he added the flour and stock and then added the turkey wing back in before simmering for about 15 minutes more. This gravy warms up beautifully, and is an extreme crowd pleaser and EASY. From Tyler Florence at Food Network. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (more as needed)
- 1 large smoked turkey wings (or 2 small ones)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 head garlic, split through the equator
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 parsley stems
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the wing, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and herbs, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place over medium heat.
- Remove the wing and set aside.
- Add the flour and let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the stock and simmer until it has reduced by about 1/4, about 15 minutes.
- Strain the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.