3 hrs 20 mins
A very different way to serve pot roast - with a delicious garlic cream sauce. Cook the beef, slice and combine with the sauce, then bake when needed. A wonderful dish for guests and sooooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown meat slowly on all sides in oil in Dutch oven.
- 2Season generously with salt and pepper and add broth.
- 3Cover and simmer for about 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 4Remove meat from pan, let rest for 20 minutes, then slice thin.
- 5Do not use pan juices.
- 6For sauce, melt butter until it bubbles and browns slightly.
- 7Add cream, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- 8Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- 9Spoon half of sauce in a glass 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 10Arrange meat slices overlapping in the sauce.
- 11Pour the remaining sauce over the top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 12Allow dish to set out for 30 minutes before baking.
- 13Heat through at 350° for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Pot Roast With Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.7
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.3 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 268.5 mg
- Sodium 710.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 43.2 g