Recipe by Marie
A very different way to serve pot roast - with a delicious garlic cream sauce. Cook the beef, slice and combine with the sauce, then bake when needed. A wonderful dish for guests and sooooo good!
Top Review by Pinay0618
Delicious! We used the pan drippings from cooking the roast to make a brown gravy to go over mashed potatoes - maybe overkill with a cream sauce already a part of the meal, but it was tasty business! Green peas were our vegetable, and they were unbelievable rolled around in the garlicky cream sauce. It will definitely be just a once-in-a-while meal, but one we'll look forward to!
- 4 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat slowly on all sides in oil in Dutch oven.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and add broth.
- Cover and simmer for about 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from pan, let rest for 20 minutes, then slice thin.
- Do not use pan juices.
- For sauce, melt butter until it bubbles and browns slightly.
- Add cream, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon half of sauce in a glass 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Arrange meat slices overlapping in the sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Allow dish to set out for 30 minutes before baking.
- Heat through at 350° for about 30 minutes.