Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A twist on meat loaf. Make-ahead meat loaves. This recipe could probably be used for OAMC successfully. This is a kid pleaser recipe.
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- Combine 3/4 cup pasta sauce, stuffing, eggs, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic powder; add beef and mix well.
- Shape firmly into six loaves, placing one piece of cheese in center of each loaf. Place loaves in baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until no pink remains and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Cool slightly. Wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days. Cover and refrigerate remaining pasta sauce.
- To reheat: Place meat loaves and remaining pasta sauce in a skillet.
- Cover and heat through. You can also make bake these and serve the heated sauce with the meat loafs immediately after, if you want.
Good weeknight meal, easy and enjoyed by the whole family. I topped with additional pasta sauce and baked, then served right away. But I do appreciate the make ahead directions. Would be great to keep in the freezer for a super quick meal. Served with roasted red potatoes and green salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I was very pleased with how these turned out. I made them into 'muffin' meatloaves, got nine out of this recipe. I didn't have the cheese or the green pepper but no matter. They froze and reheated well. If you make them smaller than the recipe like I did, don't forget to reduce the cooking time. Thanks for a keeper.