Recipe by Watkinslady30
A twist on meat loaf. Make-ahead meat loaves. This recipe could probably be used for OAMC successfully. This is a kid pleaser recipe.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good weeknight meal, easy and enjoyed by the whole family. I topped with additional pasta sauce and baked, then served right away. But I do appreciate the make ahead directions. Would be great to keep in the freezer for a super quick meal. Served with roasted red potatoes and green salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3/4 cup pasta sauce, stuffing, eggs, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic powder; add beef and mix well.
- Shape firmly into six loaves, placing one piece of cheese in center of each loaf. Place loaves in baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until no pink remains and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Cool slightly. Wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days. Cover and refrigerate remaining pasta sauce.
- To reheat: Place meat loaves and remaining pasta sauce in a skillet.
- Cover and heat through. You can also make bake these and serve the heated sauce with the meat loafs immediately after, if you want.