1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Pineapple Meatballs
1 hr 20 mins
These delicious meatballs are easy to make because you don't have to brown them. They are our modified recipe from a kids cookbook. My boys love helping to make them and they always disappear at pot luck meals. These meatballs are great as a main course served over your favourite rice or as an appetizer. It also cooks up nicely in a slow cooker. I double the recipe (two pans) for potlucks as they go so fast. The do really well made ahead of time. Refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. Note: I strongly recommend using extra lean ground beef. If you use regular ground beef, you should bake them ahead and refrigerate them. The fat will harden on top and can easily be taken off, then reheat the meatballs in the oven, stove top or microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- 3Using cooking spray or olive oil, grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the last five ingredients, mixing well with your hands.
- 5Roll into 2 cm balls and place, single layer into the casserole dish.
- 6Lay drained pineapple slices over the top of the meatballs, single layer.
- 7Pour sauce over meatballs & pineapples.
- 8Bake for 60 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate or freeze.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Pineapple Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g