1 hr 20 mins
Chef #633910's Note:
Delicious mashed potato recipe that can be made ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups water
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15 1/3 ounce) package hungry jack mashed potato flakes
- cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray 13x9-inch oven-safe casserole with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3Heat water, butter, garlic salt, and onion salt to a boil in a 6 quart Dutch oven.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add cream cheese, milk, and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- 6Stir in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- 7Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- 8Sprinkle with paprika.
- 9Bake for 1 hour or until bubbling around edges and golden brown.
- 10TIP: Before adding paprika and baking, potato mixture can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Sprinkle with paprika and bake as directed above.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Party Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 135.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g