Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious mashed potato recipe that can be made ahead of time.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups water
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15 1/3 ounce) packagehungry jack mashed potato flakes
- cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 13x9-inch oven-safe casserole with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat water, butter, garlic salt, and onion salt to a boil in a 6 quart Dutch oven.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, milk, and sour cream, stirring until cream cheese is dissolved.
- Stir in potato flakes, mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread mashed potato mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bubbling around edges and golden brown.
- TIP: Before adding paprika and baking, potato mixture can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Sprinkle with paprika and bake as directed above.