Recipe by Pepina Rae
Nice and fluffy. You can mix the dry ingredients beforehand. I keep a couple of batches mixed at all times. When ready to use, just mix in the wet ingredients. I like to add nuts and fruits to the batter. These are better than any prepared mix.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (or whole milk)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray. You can add a small amount of butter to the pan.
- Combine all ingredients whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
- When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes.
- They should be golden brown.
- Cook on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.