Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
These have a wonderful taste! Very cheap to make, an excellent replacement for frozen store bought waffles. Time to refrigerate is not included in prep time. You can freeze any extras if you like. To spray olive oil we have a small bottle that you fill with olive oil and pump, you can find them at a kitchen supply store for around $10. 05-07-07 Due to the fact that a lot of people are allergic to wheat, I have changed this recipe. To make original recipe just add 1/4 cup wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (yes you need both, not a typo)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4 cups almond milk or 4 cups rice milk or 4 cups soymilk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2Add oatmeal to blender and blend until a fine flour.
- 3In a large bowl, mix all dry waffle ingredients.
- 4In a blender, mix all wet waffle ingredients until smooth.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.
- 8Spray waffle iron with olive oil.
- 9Pour 1/3 cup mix on each side of iron, use more or less if needed.
- 10Cook for 5-6 minutes, adjust cooking time if needed.
- 11Repeat until mix is used up.
- 13Heat berries and honey in pan until hot.
- 14Pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 15Serve on top of waffles.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Oatmeal Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: