Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My own meatloaf, recipe adjusted to plan for OAMC.
Make and share this Make Ahead OAMC Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cracker crumbs, ground beef, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 can of tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Divide into two small or one large loaf pan.
- Pat mixture into loaf pans evenly.
- Go wash your nasty hands, ewww!
- Cover top of each loaf with rest of tomato sauce (you may use ketchup as well, if so you will only need a small can of tomato sauce. My family doesn't like the sweetness of ketchup in this dish.).
- Cover with heavy duty foil, label, and freeze.
- When ready to make, thaw loaves completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake thawed loaves 1-1/2 hours (depends on if you are using the large or smaller ones.).
Delicious...one of the best I have made. I froze it in the loaf pan & made it about 10 days later. It took it 2 days to fully defrost in my fridge since it was a tightly packed in a metal pan. I waited until I was about to put it in the oven to put the ketchup on top of it. It took about 1 1/2 hours to cook and was moist & juicy. The tomato sauce made it look like it was underdone in the middle, but it was not. Used meat probe to make sure it was about 160 degrees for medium or like 170 for medium well.
This is the only meatloaf recipe I will use from now on! I used a ketchup/brown sugar mixture for the topping. It was great! Thanks for the recipe!