Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of our favorite make ahead week night treats!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups potatoes (thinly sliced peeled)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, to serve
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Cut Chicken in half to make two thin slices instead of one thick breast.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer into an 8 x 8 baking pan sprayed with pam (or line it with foil).
- Dredge each piece in taco seasoning mix that you poured into a pie plate to coat. Place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes.
- Cover with the salsa and then the cheese.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- This is where I stop when I make this ahead of time and throw it in the freezer to eat later in the week. I also usually do this in 2 small dishes as there are only 2 of us!
- Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave.
- Top each serving with sour cream to serve, if desired.
The first time I made this I didn't care much for the potatoes. So the next time I made it I left out the potatoes all together and made "The Best Patatas Bravas Ever!" instead.
Yummy! Didn't make ahead, but enjoyed it right away. Had some leftover Recipe #3465 and used that for the potatoes in this dish. Flavors blended perfectly. Will definetly have again. Thnx for posting, Grace.
I made this for dinner last night and it was great, the only change I made was using picante sauce instead of salsa. I also cooked it for about 10 minutes extra to be certain that the potatoes were done. The chicken was still super tender and the flavors were really nice. We'll definitely make this again!!