Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Quick Cooking (now calle Simple & Delicious). This versatile meatball mix that makes about 12 dozen meatballs, or 5 batches of 30 each that can be frozen for future use. I mix it up, set bowls of it on the table, line my three kids up armed with their own baking sheets & measuring spoons. They have a great time making the meatballs, then I bake them and "flash" freeze them, package them up and I've got lots of meatballs ready for recipes such as Meatball Sandwiches, Sweet-And-Sour Meatballs, Swedish Meatballs and, of course, Spaghetti!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the next five ingredients.
- Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls, about 12 dozen.
- Place meatballs on greased racks in shallow baking pans.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often; drain.
- Place about 30 meatballs each into freezer containers.
- May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Yield: 5 batches (about 30 meatballs per batch).