Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A make ahead salad for a quick and easy dinner when it is too hot to cook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced ripe olives
- caesar salad dressing
- In a bowl combine beef and breadcrumbs. Shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- Place in a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Cool for 15-30 minutes.
- Place Italian salad dressing in a resealable plastic bag; add meatballs.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- On a serving platter arrange greens, onion, cheese and olives.
- Top with meatballs.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Yum, yum! I really enjoyed this and so did my little girl. Leaving the meatballs in the salad dressing overnight really gave them a nice tangy flavor! I added an egg and garlic to the meatball mixture. Thanks, Barb! Made for PAC fall 2009