1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic and Chives
This creation is a result of what I had on hand at the moment, and the need to get at least one dish out of the way before the main meal needed to be started. It was very well received, and I plan to make it again later this month for Thanksgiving. This time I had roasted garlic in a jar that I wanted to use up, but I prefer to roast my own, which is way easier than it sounds. I use my Easy Roasted Garlic recipe when I make it homemade. Making the mashed potatoes ahead of time is a huge time-saver for holidays or other gatherings!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g organic chicken broth (I used my homemade chicken and vegetable broth)
- 1814.36-2267.96 g russet potatoes
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 73.94 ml butter
- 44.37 ml roasted garlic (more or less, to taste)
- 59.16-88.74 ml milk
- 59.16 ml fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
- 1Pour the chicken broth into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, peel potatoes and slice them into 1-inch thick slices. Add to the boiling chicken broth. If needed, add water enough to cover the potatoes. Boil until fork tender. Remove about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the potatoes.
- 3In a mixer bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese, butter, roasted garlic, milk, salt, pepper and chives. Add small amounts of cooking liquid, as needed. Mix or whip until combined.
- 4Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and spread potatoes into dish. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 530 minutes before baking: Preheat oven to 350° and.remove the potatoes from the refrigerator.
- 6Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes With Roasted Garlic and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.0
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 727.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 12.4 g