Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
You'll love having this side dish handy. Recipe makes 7 cups of mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Aeraen
These are the best! I doubled the recipe when my husband came into a great deal on 10#s of potatoes. Then I froze some in zipper bags and some in 6 oz glass dishes. Once frozen, I popped them out of the dishes and into zipper bags, so we could cook individual portions. Great for teenagers with wacky schedules.
- 5 lbs any potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS:.
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover completely with water.
- Bring to a boil, then gently cook until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese, egg, garlic powder and salt.
- Mash well by hand or with and electric mixer.
- Spoon potatoes into spray-treated or greased 3 quart casserole or 9x13 pan.
- Drizzle or brush melted butter over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika for color if desired.
- FREEZING AND COOKING:.
- Label and freeze in freezer bags.
- TO SERVE:.
- Thaw completely.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden.