Recipe by PaulaG
This is a make-over of Kim D's wonderful recipe using yogurt in place of sour cream and Neufchatel Cheese for the full fat cream cheese. Please note: If you are using Greek yogurt you may need to adjust the quantity to suit your personal taste. Greek yogurt is usually thicker and creamier. Regardless of the yogurt, start with the lower quantity and add additional as needed for taste and consistency.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
LOVE IT LOVE LOVE it is lower in fat, true! EVen hubby is happy about that now too! Used low fat milk, 3 ounces no fat cream cheese, Rest assured, this recipe...it DOES please!
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 4 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Peel potatoes; place in a large mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, yogurt, milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt; adjusting the quantity of the yogurt to suit your personal taste and needs.
- Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Brush top of mixture with melted butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot.