1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (Lower Fat)
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a make-over of Kim D's wonderful recipe using yogurt in place of sour cream and Neufchatel Cheese for the full fat cream cheese. Please note: If you are using Greek yogurt you may need to adjust the quantity to suit your personal taste. Greek yogurt is usually thicker and creamier. Regardless of the yogurt, start with the lower quantity and add additional as needed for taste and consistency.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- 3Peel potatoes; place in a large mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
- 4Add 1 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, yogurt, milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt; adjusting the quantity of the yogurt to suit your personal taste and needs.
- 5Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- 6Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish.
- 7Brush top of mixture with melted butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
- 9If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- 10Bake at 350°F, uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (Lower Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 490.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g