Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recipe last year for Thanksgiving. It's very good and saves a lot of time. You may have to lengthen your crock pot cooking time.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- additional butter
- Boil peeled potatoes until tender.
- Beat sour cream and cream cheese together.
- Add hot potatoes and beat until smooth.
- Add butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in greased two quart casserole.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Serves 8-10.
- NOTE****this recipe can be made the day before dinner and refrigerated in crock pot.
- Then, on the serving day, just turn on crock pot at low setting and cook potatoes for about 2-3 hours, to be ready when the rest of the dinner is ready.
- You may add more butter, cream cheese or sour cream depending upon the consistency you prefer.
Worked like a charm. I omitted the chives and made it a day ahead by not putting it in the oven but just reheating it in the crockpot on low for about 2 hours. Stir it about half way through. It was nice to have the mashed potatoes done ahead of time.
Stop what you are doing!! And make these potatoes!!!! I have made these twice, and I am seriously in love. I look organized by having it done ahead of time and they are oh, so good. They are creamy, moist and so flavourful, you will not believe your taste buds. Why not make your life easier, free up your oven and look like a ridiculously good cook. Seriously...make these potatoes!
I used this recipe for a large Thanksgiving dinner -- I upped everything to handle 15 lbs of potatoes! They came out fabulous. From now on, I will always use the cream cheese and sour cream in mashed potatoes -- I left the chives out. The re-heating took a lot longer because of the quantity but I "jump started" it by microwaving them in the large ceramic part of the crock pot then put the ceramic thing in the warmer and they were creamy and tasted like I just made them -- a big hit with everyone