Recipe by Tammy
Fantastic make-ahead mashed potato recipe that can be reheated in the oven or the crockpot. Make holidays easier for yourself!
Top Review by Diana 2
Deserves much more than 5 stars. Excellent flavour. Making ahead, made preparing Christmas dinner so much easier. I added some garlic and parsley, and omitted the eggs. This is the ONLY way to do potatoes. Thanks bluhm.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; mash until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and egg whites; blend well. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Add potato mixture. Dot with margarine. Cool slightly, cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Take out of refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake, covered, 40 minutes or until steaming hot in center.
- Note: Alternately, potatoes can be reheated in a slow-cooker. Take potatoes out of refrigerator about 3 1/2 hours before you plan to serve them. Place in slow-cooker. Dot with margarine or butter. Cook on low heat for 3 hours, stirring once or twice. They can be held an additional 30 minutes or more.