Recipe by Kim D.
These potatoes are so creamy! I received the recipe from a friend at work. Cooking time includes both boiling and baking. Add 30 minutes standing time, if you refrigerate before baking.
- 1360.77 g potatoes (about 4 large)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 2 (170.09 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 158.51 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml milk
- 3.69 ml salt
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes or until pototoes are tender.
- Peel potatoes; place in a large mixing bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 12X8X2-inch baking dish.
- Brush top of mixture with melted butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
- If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350F, uncovered for 30 minutes or until hot.