Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook and loved it so much I wanted to share it. This is perfect alone or served in a chicken salad. Because there are only the two of us, I divide the recipe into four freezer bags with 2 chicken breast halves in each bag.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 split boneless chicken breasts
- Mix together buttermilk with mustard, honey and seasonings.
- Place chicken breasts in a freezer bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts.
- On serving day thaw chicken, discarding marinade.
- Grill over medium heat until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Oh these were great! I didn't freeze them but put them in the fridge to marinate over night and grilled them inside..they were so tender and amazing. Thanks for a GREAT chicken recipe..VERY flavorful!
Oh super yum!!! I put it together and froze as directed and got them out yesterday to have for dinner. They didn't defrost in time so I allowed them to marinate all day in the fridge. Broiled them about 10 minutes on each side .... Mmmmmmm!
My family did not love the flavor of these. Although they were full of flavor and tender chicken breasts. It was not my favorite marinade recipe...but did work well.