Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have found a lot of taco seasonings that use most of these ingredients, but by experimentation I like this recipe myself. However, try it first making a very small batch first. You may or may not agree with the proportions or ratio of spices in this. I like it this way, but you need to try a small bit first to see if you do before possibly ruining a whole dish if you don't.
- 88.74 ml chili powder
- 44.37-59.16 ml cumin (less if desired)
- 29.58 ml onion powder (or to taste) or 29.58 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- 14.79 ml Mexican oregano
- 7.39 ml coriander powder (not dried cilantro)
- 4.92-9.85 ml cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 22.18 ml granulated sugar (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a container with lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Store in freezer until ready to use.
Wonderful - commercial seasonings are loaded with salt and this has none. Thanks for posting.
Thank you! This is great. I didn't have Mexican oregano so used just plain oregano and I did add dried minced onions just cause I like that in my taco seasoning. This is so easy and so much cheaper than the packages. Hurray.
Very economical! I bought the bags of seasonings at 99 cents each...I got 2 of these batches from about $5.00 worth of spices...what a deal!!!