I have found a lot of taco seasonings that use most of these ingredients, but by experimentation I like this recipe myself. However, try it first making a very small batch first. You may or may not agree with the proportions or ratio of spices in this. I like it this way, but you need to try a small bit first to see if you do before possibly ruining a whole dish if you don't.
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons cumin (less if desired)
- 2 tablespoons onion powder (or to taste) or 2 tablespoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander powder (not dried cilantro)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- Combine ingredients in a container with lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Store in freezer until ready to use.