Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Prepare these up to 48 hours in advance and take along to cook on the grill, the amounts stated are enough for 8 packets you may reduce the recipe if desired, of coarse these may also be made to grill at home also, this is great served over rice :)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups prepared bottled teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 8 pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Prepare 8 pieces of heavy-duty foil.
- Place 1 chicken breast over the foil then season with black pepper on both sides.
- Coat the breast with 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (turn the breast to coat with the sauce).
- Continue with the remaining 7 breasts.
- Divide equal amounts of green and red bell pepper slices, chopped onions and pineapple tidbits on and around each breast.
- Close the foil very tightly and seal into "packets".
- Refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- When ready to grill, punch a couple of small holes in the TOP each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Place on grill and cook for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (you might want to remove one packet if the chicken is cooked as cooking times will vary slightly depending on how large the breasts are).
Made these for a camping trip-Oh man were they good I used a shallot instead of onions it is hard to tell when the chicken is done because it is dark from the marinade we did have a meat thermometer. Be sure to secure your packets well mine leaked I think because I didn't use enough foil-they were really big chicken breasts!! Thanks for this nice change for outdoor campin' cookin'!!
I made this for a recent camping trip. We were arriving late to camp the first night, so this was perfect to just pop onto the grill. YUMMO...thanks for posting!
I made this recipe exactly as written with no deviations. This was very good. I love the complimenting flavors of the chicken, pineapple and teriyaki sauce. This recipe was easy to make and could easily be an OAMC meal.