1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Ham and Cheddar Egg Dish
1 hr 15 mins
Northern Cook's Note:
This is a great breakfast or brunch dish that you can prepare the night before and pop into the oven the next morning. I love this dish because it allows you to socialize with your guests in the morning rather than spending that time cooking. I've served this on Christmas morning, as a brunch item, and I've even taken it into work for potlucks. If you forget or don't have time the night before, that's o.k. you can prepare this and cook immediately also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim crusts from bread.
- 2Spray a rectangular 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange 6 slices of bread in the dish.
- 3Layer ham, cheese and onions on top of the bread.
- 4Cut remaining bread slices diagonally into halves. Place along the outer rim of the dish, points facing inward.
- 5Beat milk, mustard, pepper sauce and eggs until smooth; pour evenly over bread. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 6You can either bake immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- 7Heat oven to 300 degrees. Bake uncovered for about 60 to 70 minutes, until center is set and bread is golden brown.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Ham and Cheddar Egg Dish
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 515.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 16.9 g