1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Garlic White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
This may be made up to 24 hours in advance which makes this perfect to serve at a holiday meal or dinner party, if you are not an onion-lover you may omit. --- prep time does not include cooking the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 medium russet potatoes (peeled but leave whole, or use yukon gold potatoes)
- 1 large head of garlic (broken into cloves, peeled and left whole)
- 1/3 cup butter (can increase to 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (may use low-fat)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (35% cream)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 large green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place the whole potatoes and peeled garlic cloves in a large pot; cover with cold water.
- 2Add in 1 tablespoon salt to the water; cover then bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- 4Drain the cooked potatoes and garlic cloves over a strainer, then place in a large bowl.
- 5Mash the potatoes and the garlic.
- 6While still warm mix in butter, sour cream, whipping cream, white cheddar cheese, onion and salt.
- 7Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- 8Transfer/spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan (or any size to fit the potato mixture).Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 9At this point you may cool completely then refrigerate for up to 24 hours or until needed.
- 10Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees F for about 20- 25 minutes or until just heated through (if you are baking this from cold then the baking time will need to be increased slightly).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Garlic White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 431.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g