Recipe by tasb
Finally an answer to the question that has been around OAMC for awhile. A frozen filling for pies. This is from "The Clever Cook's Kitchen Handbook by David Joachim.
- 1360.77 g fruit
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon or 2.46 ml other flavoring
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fruit of peels, stems, leaves and seeds. Cut into 1/2" wedges or chunks and place in a large skillet.
- Add butter, sugar lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until fruit starts to soften and release it juices, about 4 minutes.
- Add more sugar if necessary. Do not overcook.
- Cool the filling. Mix in cornstarch.
- Spoon into a zipper-lock plastic bag and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 4 months.
- Thaw and pour into a 9" pie shell.
- Bake at 375°F until filling is bubbly and crust in lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.