Finally an answer to the question that has been around OAMC for awhile. A frozen filling for pies. This is from "The Clever Cook's Kitchen Handbook by David Joachim.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fruit of peels, stems, leaves and seeds. Cut into 1/2" wedges or chunks and place in a large skillet.
- 2Add butter, sugar lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until fruit starts to soften and release it juices, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add more sugar if necessary. Do not overcook.
- 4Cool the filling. Mix in cornstarch.
- 5Spoon into a zipper-lock plastic bag and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 4 months.
- 6Thaw and pour into a 9" pie shell.
- 7Bake at 375°F until filling is bubbly and crust in lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Fruit Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 100.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: