Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
For easy, elegant entertaining, why not plan a brunch? Combine this along with some of your other favorite breakfast items for Mother's Day or any other celebration. Prepared in advance, so that you can enjoy your guests or the occasion.
- 1 loaf challah (16-ounce loaf) or 1 loaf French bread, cubed (16-ounce loaf)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar strawberry preserves
- Arrange half of the challah bread (or French bread) in a lightly greased 13-x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with cheese pieces, and top with remaining bread.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 more minutes.
- Heat sliced strawberries and strawberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat, and serve over toast.
I was about to post this recipe on here myself. But, discovered it was already posted. My family loves this recipe!!!! And, is easy...and, preparing it in advance, makes it easy to throw in the oven in the morning for a brunch!