Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful all-purpose meatball to use in a variety of recipes! Easy to make, and with ingredients usually on hand. The yield is based on 1-1/2" meatballs, but you can make them smaller. I get about forty-eight 1" meatballs out of this same recipe.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (about 1 slice bread)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I prefer 90% lean or higher)
- Combine all ingredients except beef.
- Mix in beef well, and shape into meatballs.
- Place all on single layer in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove and drain on paper towels, and let cool 15 minutes.
- Put in freezer bag or freezer container or use immediately.
These are good meatballs. My only complaint is how dense they are. I am not very experienced making meatballs, so this could be my fault! I added some red pepper and some fresh parsley & rosemary that I had on hand. I doubled the batch and froze most of them. Thanks!
The only thing it lacked was onion for my family. It was great and I did make my meatballs bigger and baked a little longer, to make up for size, this way I could make meatball sandwiches for my 12 year old. Thanks!
We loved these! I made a triple batch before the school year started. It was so nice to have ready to go... my husband made them when I worked late doing parent-teacher conferences, we ate them for Sunday dinner, and just ate them when I didn't have the energy to cook. So yummy and definitely on my "make every session" list.