Recipe by Kellie in SLO
This is a holiday tradition around my house, I am always asked to bring it to family gatherings. It's nice to be able to throw it together the night before, then just get up and toss it in the oven.
Top Review by mklebaron
This is super easy to make. I make it when we go camping just exactly the way the recipe says and its delightful. The entire family loves it and its the perfect thing to bring to a family brunch.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4-oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage until crumbly and brown; drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients except French fried onions and mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 can onions.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.