Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe online and wanted to post it for the nutrition facts. Great make ahead freezable dinner.
- 19.84 g envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 118.29 ml butter
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 -5 large breasts)
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- Turn slow cooker on High.
- Place butter in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" strips while butter is melting.
- When the butter has melted, add one envelope Italian dressing dry mix.
- Stir into butter until well mixed.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and stir to coat with butter and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken to plate to cool.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese.
- Stir to melt and mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Remove sauce from slow cooker and allow to cool.
- Place chicken and sauce into a gallon resealable freezer bag. Label. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge.
- Heat until piping hot and bubbly.
- Goes well over mashed potatoes, rice, or hot buttered noodles.
Tasty dish! I made this as directed, but added a little bit of dried parsley to the sauce. I served it over pasta for a nice meal. Next time, I think that I will cube the chicken into bite-sized pieces for ease at the table. Thanks PickyEater for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.