Recipe by yummyeats
A great make ahead vegetable dish that you can bring to a family gathering or potluck. Only needs reheating to serve. This dish is vegetarian but can be made vegan by substituting good quality vegan margarine for the butter.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in boiling water until tender but still crisp (10 to 12 minutes).
- While carrots cook, combine other ingredients in a microwave bowl and microwave on high for one minute.
- Once carrots cook drain and place in a microwaveable casserole dish with lid.
- Pour marmalade mixture over carrots and stir until marmalade mixture coats the carrots.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (8-24 hours).
- Before reheating, stir.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes stirring every few minutes.