Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful-looking stuffed French toast recipe from Hershey's! Time does not include chill time.
- 1 loaf day-old French bread
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup (optional)
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut French bread into 6 (1-1/2-in. thick) slices. Using small, sharp knife, cut 2-inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through bread to create a pocket.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons chips into pocket of each bread slice; press to close.
- Place filled slices into prepared baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top of bread.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer toast to plates. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.