Recipe by Derf
I will make this for my honey on Valentine's day.
Top Review by dayla
This was fantastic. I made it for my children and husband and they loved it. I uses chocolate chips in half and then cinnamon chips in the other half. The kids loved the chocolate and Husband and I loved the cinnamon. I will definitely make these again. Thank you so much!!!!
- 1 loaf day-old French bread
- 250 ml milk chocolate chips or 250 ml cinnamon bark
- 5 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 ml vanilla extract
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with veggy spray.
- Cut the French bread into 6 slices, each, 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut 2 inch long slits in one side of each bread slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through the bread, to create a pocket.
- Spoon heaping 2 tablespoons of chips into the pocket of each bread slice, press to close.
- Place filled slices into prepared baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread, carefully turn pieces over, spooning mixture in pan over top bread.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap, refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer toast to plates.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.