Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This delicious recipe uses a slow cooker.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (1 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Stir together all filling ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours, or high heat setting for 3-4 hours. Drain off liquid.
- Cut or shred meat, if desired.
- To serve, place meat mixture on warm tortillas.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Note: To warm tortillas, heat oven to 275°F.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Warm in oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve in foil to keep warm.
Very good and simple-to-make chicken fajitas, the spiciness depending on the mix -- mine was fairly mild, so next time I''ll try a spicier mix or add some jalapenos or chili powder. Thanks for sharing!
I made the filling in a saucepan instead of the crock pot and sauteeing the onion with fresh garlic in some oil firstly and adding in some chili flakes, I found the filling to be somewhat on the dry side I had to add in some water, all in all it turned out great and my DS enjoyed it, thanks for sharing Lainey!
We loved this recipe! It's insanely easy and the results are fabulous. I doubled the onions and peppers to get more veggies in, so I used an extra pack of fajita seasoning. I kept checking the crock pot, because I was worried it would overcook. After about an hour, no liquid had formed and the chicken and veggies were sticking to the crock, so I added about 1/2 cup water. It only needed about 2 hours total on high in my crock pot, so I turned it down to warm until we were ready to eat. I didn't drain the liquid because it was nice and thick and some of us drizzled it over our filling. I think you could also serve this over rice instead of on tortillas. Thanks for posting!