Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a cookie that I always make at Christmas time...they are great, cause you can freeze the cookie dough for 2 months, I usually make lots, so I always have the dough ready for when I need it....these taste so buttery and good.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour; mix well.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into three 10-in rolls; wrap in plastic wrap, and place in a zip-lock freezer bag.
- Freeze up to 2 months.
- TO BAKE COOKIES: Remove the rolls from the freezer.
- Cut rolls into 1/8-inch slices.
- Place the cookies 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 mins, or until the edges are golden brown (don't overbake).
- Remove to wire racks; cool.
These are also part of my Christmas baking this year. They are easy to make, and look very pretty on my cookie plate ( I give small $ store plates with cookies away to friends & neighbours) They also taste delicious. Thank you for the posting
Oh, wow! I used a lb of fruitcake mix (I love fruitcake) and it came out wonderful. I put 3/4of the dough in the freezer. I only needed 10 minutes for lovely soft crun-chewey cookies. Next batch I'll try longer for a harder product. I'd make these for Xmas, but only one of our friends likes candied fruit. Fine. More for me.