These are a cookie that I always make at Christmas time...they are great, cause you can freeze the cookie dough for 2 months, I usually make lots, so I always have the dough ready for when I need it....these taste so buttery and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- 2Add the egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- 3Add the flour; mix well.
- 4Stir in cherries and pecans.
- 5Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- 6Shape the dough into three 10-in rolls; wrap in plastic wrap, and place in a zip-lock freezer bag.
- 7Freeze up to 2 months.
- 8TO BAKE COOKIES: Remove the rolls from the freezer.
- 9Cut rolls into 1/8-inch slices.
- 10Place the cookies 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 11Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 mins, or until the edges are golden brown (don't overbake).
- 12Remove to wire racks; cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-Ahead Cherry Christmas Slices
Serving Size: 1 (822 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green glazed cherries