Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are a cookie that I always make at Christmas time...they are great, cause you can freeze the cookie dough for 2 months, I usually make lots, so I always have the dough ready for when I need it....these taste so buttery and good.
Top Review by conniecooks
These are also part of my Christmas baking this year. They are easy to make, and look very pretty on my cookie plate ( I give small $ store plates with cookies away to friends & neighbours) They also taste delicious. Thank you for the posting
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subsitutions)
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups red and green glazed cherries, halved
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour; mix well.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into three 10-in rolls; wrap in plastic wrap, and place in a zip-lock freezer bag.
- Freeze up to 2 months.
- TO BAKE COOKIES: Remove the rolls from the freezer.
- Cut rolls into 1/8-inch slices.
- Place the cookies 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 mins, or until the edges are golden brown (don't overbake).
- Remove to wire racks; cool.