Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very good tasting and easy mashed potato recipe with a big cheese flavor!
- 6 medium sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, process cheese product
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 25 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with hand masher or electric mixer. Stir in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until just before serving time.
- To reheat, microwave at HIGH for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
These were easy to make and turned out really well. I made the recipe to use up some generic Cheez Whiz that no one actually liked, so I was pleased at how well the recipe brought out the best in that ingredient. lol I used 3 pounds of potatoes which seemed to be about right.