Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These three-cheese mashed potatoes can be made up to two days ahead up to the point of baking. I adapted the original recipe to make it a little healthier. They are convenient and delicious.
- 5 lbs white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- milk (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt saucepan; add enough water to cover potatoes. Heat to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered 15 to 18 minutes or until tender; drain. Mash potatoes in saucepan with potato masher or elecric mixer on low speed.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese with elecric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream and garlic salt.
- Heat oven to 350. Stir cheese mixture into mashed potatoes until well blended. If potatoes are too still, stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. Spoon into ungreased 13X9 inch glass baking dish.
- (If not baking right away, cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before ready to bake and then bake as directed.).
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and top is lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika and chives.