Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is real comfort food...easy to put together by using the all-purpose hamburger All Purpose Ground Meat Mix or making it up as described below.
- 4 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen french fries
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown meat in a large pot.
- Cook onion and garlic until translucent.
- Stir hamburger, salt and pepper, and all the soups.
- Pour into 2 13 X 9 X 2 casseroles.
- Top with french fries.
- Freeze if desired or continue on to eat.
- Heat oven to 350F and cook for 45-55 minutes or until fries are golden brown.
- *Note:this is also good topped with cheddar cheese.
Easy to make ahead and freeze. I halved the recipe and also used cream of celery soup instead of mushroom. Thanks for the recipe.