Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Wrapped in coloured Saran Wrap, these make great holiday gifts! Plan ahead these need to chill for a minimum of 8 hours before serving, or they can be made and frozen up to 1 month in advance, Add in one finely chopped green onion also if desired, the pimento is optional but good to add in.
- 1 (10 ounce) package old cheddar cheese, shredded (use Cracker Barrel extra-sharp cheese if possible for this)
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimientos (to taste) (optional)
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts (can use more if desired) or 2 cups pecans (can use more if desired)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl mix together the first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Divide the mixture in half and shape into logs.
- In a bowl mix together the nuts with the chopped parsley, then divide mixture evenly in half.
- Roll each log into the nut/parsley mixture (can use more than 1 cup nuts if desired).
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 8-24 hours.
- To freeze; chill the logs for 8-24 hours, then place in the freezer to freeze until firm, remove then wrap in plastic wrap then tightly in foil, place back into the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Defrost overnight in fridge before serving.
We loved these! Those we intended to save one we ate them both immediately. Gave one to a friends family for Christmas and the teenage son insisted I could not have made it myself...it was too good!
Great- good flavor and easy logs !
I love this recipe - so easy to make and we love the extra flavor from the pepperjack cheese and Tobasco sauce. Can't wait to share these at our family Christmas party tonight. Thanks Kittencal for another great recipe!!!