Recipe by ~Bekah~
Another recipe found on a B&B site. It is so easy, and darn yummy! Makes the whole house smell wonderful in the morning. Serving size really depends on how thick you slice the bread.
Top Review by Tara
Made this for my MIL when she stayed over. It was soooo easy and excellent!!! Just like a pineapple upside down cake. It would go great with sausage on the side of whipped cream on top too. I fogot to read the part about taking the crust off the bread but I really liked it on so I would not change my error the next time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced thickly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar and syrup.
- Simmer until bubbly.
- Pour over bottom of greased 9" x 13" glass dish.
- Remove crust from bread and place slices over syrup mixture.
- Beat eggs, milk, flavoring, sugar and salt.
- Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.